While Pixiegift Fashions isn’t a multi-million-gabillion dollar business, I’m still so proud of how far it has come. From fashion shows, magazine features, collaborations and more, PGF has become a success in its own right.
My journey as a designer hasn’t been perfect— some months I don’t make sales, I give items to people for blog or post sponsorships and they never uphold their end of the bargain (and don’t talk to me ever again), partnerships I established get dissolved without no warning or reason, I get rejection letters from fashion shows I apply for, etc. Not to emotion the stress of running a side business (creating and building my items, marketing, vending, photos and editing, etc.) while holding down my full time job and an art gig. If it wasn’t for the patience of my friends and family and the love and support from my husband I probably would have made it this far; I thank you all.
This is not to say that my fashion journey is over. I have been planning shows, projects and commissions through June 2019 and I’m so excited to show you all what I’ve been working on and planning. It’s baffling enough I was able to reach my 2018 goals but that only makes me want to keep moving forward with PGF for this new year! My 2019 goals are:
– Add all currently made items to the shop and allow for garments to be made via commission
– Hold a geek fashion or geek business panels at convention
– Create a google form for collaborators (models, bloggers, H/MUAs, stylists, designers) to submit if they want to reach out to work with me
– Create Pixiegift Fashions logo shirts
– Get a button maker
– Start a Twitch channel
I feel that these are realistic but still ambitious goals for a whole year! As always, keep up with me on this blog, social media and Patreon to stay in the loop! Also, if you’re ever itching to support my fashion antics, you can do so using my Ko-Fi!
Before I end this post, here is some info on my giveaway! Go on over to the link at the bottom of this post to enter and win:
– a Pixiegift Fashions scrunchie
– a Pixiegift Fashions Bow clip/pin OR Bowtie
– a Pixiegift Fashions bag
– three 4×6 signed Pixiegift Fashions prints
– a Espionage Cosmetics nail wrap set (I’m an affiliate and get paid if you buy from them using my link!)
– a Blushing Rose Moisturizing Hand Cream
Thank you all for joining me for 2018; good luck with the giveaway! Contest ends February 24th and a winner will be chosen on February 25th!